The INTEGRITY of our voting process is paramount to our Democracy!
We need to ensure the process is protected. You can be part of this process by being a poll watcher!
What is your responsibility? Primarily over-see the poll staffers, while they cross off each voters name on the list. We will be doing this in 4 hour shifts. 7-11, 11-3, 3-7.
The set of guidelines set by the State need to be followed:
- Must be a qualified and registered voter of the county, in which they serve as a poll watcher.
- Cannot be a candidate or a law enforcement officer.
- The poll watcher who is designated for a specific location is not precluded from going to another polling location.
- The poll watcher who is designated for "All Locations", is not permitted to be present while another poll watcher designated by the same political party is present.
- Will be provided a Poll Watcher Identification Badge by the Supervisor of Elections. The poll watcher must wear their badge while in the polling area.
- Poll watcher must bring his or her own materials and necessities.
- Poll watcher Is allowed within the polling room to observe the conduct of the election. They may not obstruct the orderly conduct of the election.
- Poll watcher may observe the voter check-in process. They may not come closer to the inspectors table than is reasonably necessary to perform the poll watcher's functions.
- They may not speak to or otherwise interact with voters.
- They may make and provide written voter challenges to the precinct clerk.
- They shall pose any questions regarding polling place procedures directly to the precinct clerk for resolution.
To sign up, please contact Bill Schmidt, 301-406-5429, firstname.lastname@example.org. and provide the following information:
Name, Date of Birth Residence, (Including Zip Code), Phone Number, Precinct # (if you do not know you precinct number, we will look it up for you.), Time Slot, E-Mail Address.
Thank you in advance for your active participation!! To volunteer click here.